- This event has passed.
Redefining Farmland Preservation
November 8, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Explore how Ottawa leaders are deploying new strategies to support our agricultural industry and review data driving these decisions.
WHEN 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8, 2019 (optional tour of the host venue begins at 12:00p.m)
WHERE Spring Meadow Nursery, 12601 120th Avenue, Grand Haven, MI 49417
COST free, but reservation required
- Complimentary Brunch – Sponsored by McShane & Bowie
- Survey Says! What Ottawa County landowner opinions and the 2017 Ag Census Data tell us about planning for future land use. Paul Sachs, Ottawa County and Marlo Johnson, Regional Director, USDA-NASS
- The Big Picture: Projections, Challenges, and Tools for the Future of Farmland. Cris Coffin, Senior Policy Analyst, American Farmland Trust
- The State of Our Economy and its Effect on Agriculture Paul Isely, Associate Dean, Seidman College of Business, Grand Valley State University
- Optional tour of Spring Meadow Nursery